"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Moda Love Quilt

The other day I needed something mindless and fast to make.
As I was looking on line for some inspiration,
I came across this pattern.

When I was cleaning a while ago,
I found a charm pack and some yardage I had purchased
a long time ago and was forgotten.
These items would work well with this quilt.

Plus, I am going to participate in Sarah's
Hands2Help Challenge again this year
and one of the charity's, Jack's Basket, wants baby quilts 36"x36".
This is the perfect pattern for this!

What little cutting was needed was done quickly and the sewing began.



This will make a sweet quilt for a baby girl.
I love the pinks and aqua/teals together with the white background.

 


The top is made from 4 1/2" squares and HST's.
The pattern comes in three sizes that can be used with
layer cakes, charm packs and mini charm packs.

 

It went together in a snap.

The backing is pieced and the quilting will begin.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Those colors are so soothing.

chrisknits said...

Sew Sweet!! I should try to make something up for that good cause. Last year I donated a Gift Card to one of my local shops.

Heide said...

Such a sweet little quilt, I do love the teal and pink. Perfect for a little girl.

Preeti said...

All those neat point and the gorgeous colors!!! Very romantic quilt - feels like Valentine's Day :-D

Debbie said...

What a great idea to use up a charm pack for this pattern! I love it.
And I think I just might do the same!

straythreads said...

Nicely done love the soothing spring-is -coming colors . Its so nice to pull out a bundle or packet of fabric and have the seeds for a quilt. stay warm

Julie said...

This is a great small quilt top with a fun use of fabric and what a great organization. I have several quilts to donate to groups and I need to get organized and get them sent out.

kupton52 said...

It's a beauty....for sure! Keep up the good work...you have such a sweet spirit and charitable heart. Blessings....