"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 25, 2019

The Dance of the Dragonflies Commences

My sister-in-law loves dragonflies.
When we were on our trip to Yellowstone and the Bad Lands
last fall, she saw dragonflies just about everywhere we went...
including a quilt shop in Rapid City, SD.

We walked into the quilt shop, turned the corner
and there was this gorgeous
Dragonfly wallhanging.
It stopped her in her tracks.

I looked at it and thought
WOW! 
There are a lot of little pieces in that wallhanging.

Then I spotted a kit.
A kit with laser cut pieces!
She bought it and I'm making it.




This pattern is so well organized and easy to follow.
 The wallhanging in the quilt shop was in the round,
which my sister-in-law really liked.

 


They sold this digital background fabric in several
different colors.
It's such a neat burst of color for this qilt.

 


These photos do not do the colors of the batiks justice.
They are very vibrant and beautiful.
As I was snipping each piece and pressing it into place,
I was thanking my lucky stars for the kit with the laser cut pieces!






Quilting all of these little pieces is going to take some time and patience...





And maybe a little of this!
(Belgium flight from World of Beer...yum!)


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Sara said...

Spectacular!! The designer, Joann Hoffman, is from that Rapid City area. She did a trunk show for our guild 2 years ago and it was wonderful. She does so many round designs. I bought the kit for her snowman round quilt but haven't started it yet. This is my favorite of her patterns. She showed it in different colorways and they were all gorgeous!

Churn Dash said...

Wow! Indeed. It makes me think of a Tiffany lamp.

How do you hang a round quilt?

Helen

Libby in TN said...

That is going to be stunning. A laser-cut kit would be the only way I would attempt it... on the other hand, I'll leave it to you!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....that is really incredible. It is going to make a spectacular quilt for her. Yes....thank goodness for laser cut pieces. Can you imagine doing those?????

chrisknits said...

I wouldn't be able to quilt after one of those!! Beautiful piece, can't wait to see it done.

Julie said...

Wow, that is larger than the one I have I think. I will have to dig it out! I know I have the digital background too. This one is Amazing! I have never liked beer, but I keep trying! :) Wine is more my style.

Ellen said...

Lucky sister-in-law! :)

Vicki in MN said...

Oh wow, oh wow, that is fantastic!!!!! I can see why she feel in love with it. It will keep you out of trouble for a while, hehe.

straythreads said...

Wow looks like stained glass glad you like that kind of fussy work. I know you will make it gorgeous

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, the "stained glass" dragonflies are GORGEOUS!! Although I'm not sure a flight of BEER is really the safest thing for machine quilting. ;-). But maybe you hold your booze better than I do!!