"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, February 1, 2019

Frosty the Snowman

It seems appropriate to be finishing a snowman this week
with the weather being what it's been.
Although, I think very few people have been outside
building snowmen!

This guy has lingered in my cabinet for years,
waiting to be finished.
The embroidery and applique had been done.
All he needed was to be sewn together and stuffed.
His hat and scarf took no time to make.

Frosty is finished 
(except for his branch arms and a bell on his hat)
and ready for display.



This pattern was taken from a book called
"Little Red Hen Snowmen in the Coop"
and has some cute snowmen patterns in it.

 


At the time I started this,
I had planned on making several of these.
That idea has been scrapped
and the fabrics have been put back into my stash.

 


His nose was supposed to be made from clay,
but I thought it would be difficult to store.





He has rice in his bottom to help him stand
and the rest is filled with polyfil.

When it warms up and dries out a bit,
I'll go look for some sticks for his arms.
Another old UFO is finished and out of my cabinet!
 

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

How big is he? The perspective in your pictures makes him look human size!

Needled Mom said...

That is adorable. Like Libby asked, how big is it? Great finish for this month, Ramona. Stay warm.

straythreads said...

that is so cute great way to welcome February its gotta warm up

Julie said...

The snowman is so cute! I love it. What a great finish. We have actually had much better weather than other parts of the country.

chrisknits said...

He is too cute!!

kupton52 said...

How absolutely adorable.....and I love that "one flake at a time" line. We went from minus 3 day before yesterday to 54 today! It's beginning to feel a lot of springtime...(I'm singing in my head)...but my heart knows we've still got some more winter ahead of us. But for today I'm enjoying the sun. Thanks for sharing. You always brighten my day!