"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Meet Genevieve

When I started making this quilt,
I was calling the giraffe by her name on the pattern...
GerriAnn.

Now that she is finished,
her name will be
Genevieve.

Meet Genevieve...




I had the best time making Genevieve!
After the fabrics and pattern marinated for about 5 years,
it was time to get her finished.



The fabrics used in the pattern were busy and the
grass and borders were dark.
 These orange batiks I collected for her
played well together and were fun to place on the pattern.



The pattern suggested minimal quilting in the sky and grassy
areas. It didn't take me long to quilt this one at all.
The pieces were all machine quilted with monofilament thread.

Genevieve is hanging in my home for a while and will
then go to a special person.
I might have to make another one for myself when she goes
to live elsewhere.

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Genevieve is so elegant and pretty. She will be hard to pass on.

Julie said...

I love Genevieve! She is very regal and what an exciting finish.

chrisknits said...

Genevieve is adorable! I love the orange fabrics in her coat. Great job all around.

Needled Mom said...

I love everything about this piece - design, colors, fabric and quilting.

Judy D in WA said...

I just knew she would be fabulous and she is! I love her name too. I would be making a 2nd one also.

Preeti said...

Genevieve is a show-stopper. I am sure she will have many admirers. You may have to beat them away with a stick...till it gets to the special very lucky recipient.

Debbie said...

I like how you quilted Miss G... just the right additions to accentuate the space, yet interesting to give details and have your eyes roam. Great finish!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh, sweetest giraffe ever!!!