"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Found Blocks Finished

A little over a week ago I found some left-over blocks
in a cabinet in my Hidey Hole.
They had been left over from a larger quilt I made several years ago.

These found blocks are now a little quilt,
ready for a tiny little one soon to be born.


This is smaller than my usual baby quilts,
but it will make a nice play mat
or snuggle blanket.

 

As those who read my blog know,
this is one of my favorite blocks.
I've made many quilts with the
Disappearing Four Patch.

 

I lucked out at Joann's.
There was a minky remnant, half price
and the perfect size piece!




Another finish!
Small, but a finish none the less.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Wow - looks wonderful. Good for you! I just found a whole quilt top hiding in a bin. Can't believe I could forget about a whole quilt top.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this might be just the pattern I need to use for some bright color fat quarters that I have - one time about 3 years ago I order two fat quarter bundles of a really bright primary color line and I was sent 4 by mistake, when I contacted them they told me to keep the extras as a gift as it was their mistake and they didn't want to deal with a return - color me happy - but the two extra packs have been sitting on the shelf as I got tired of them after I used what I wanted for a quilt I was making at that time - with white added this might be the pattern to do!

Vicki in MN said...

Love that you were able to get this done so quickly after finding the blocks. The double loop quilting is perfect to keep it soft and cuddly.

Needled Mom said...

I really LOVE this one. The jewel colors are so pretty and the minky back is perfect for it.

straythreads said...

Well done!!! It will be baby's favorite with the minke on the back. Beautiful!!!