"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, May 25, 2017

I'm Doing It....

It's time.
They are vexing my spirit!
And I hope I don't get kicked out of the
Quilting Club
for this
but....


I'm getting rid of my scraps!



They have been sitting on the big black bag (or on the floor!)
 in the corner of  my Hidey Hole,
taunting me...
making me feel guilty for not using them.
No more!!

My goddaughter would like to start quilting,
so I asked if she would like my scraps.

She said Yes!!
(I don't think she realized just what she was saying Yes to!)
No more guilt, no more shame.
I don't enjoy using scraps,
and I'm not going to feel bad about it anymore.
They are going to a new home.
Phew!!



In the meantime,
I am making another Boy baby quilt.


 The top few rows have been sewn together already.
I've had to pull the seam ripper out once.
Somehow the first triangle of the row was turned
and the whole row was off.

These triangles have been sitting for some time,
waiting for their turn to play.
I needed one more fabric to add to the fun
and found the aqua solid.


The Go! Cutter makes such quilt work of cutting these triangles.
Plus, there are notches to line up,
so they fit together so easily.

Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Love your design wall, the colors remind me of the beach, wish I was on one right now. Its rainy and cold here. What a brave gal you are to just let all those scraps go. Can't imagine what that must feel like...scary..liberating...I'm sure with every quilter it's different emotion. For me it would be scary. Well Kudo's to you letting go, I'm sure she's going have many happy hours of playtime sorting through those bags.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what size pieces do you normally use? It isn't like you are throwing them away you are passing them on to another - my scraps tend to sit in boxes forever before I get around to using them I doubt I will ever use all of them but I do like to use them but it is so much easier to grab pre-cut and cut the size you need.

Connie said...

I know those feelings of guilt and understand. I moved a year ago and had the daring to throw away so many scraps and even my collection of selvages just to avoid dealing with packing. I also gifted some of my stash to a friend to whom I was saying goodbye; she is a quilter and was thrilled to receive them. My stash is smaller and has fewer scraps now but it's still plenty to keep me occupied.
I don't have a Go Cutter but I do have a Sizzix Big Shot which is a craft cutter and I've been told it will cut fabrics tho I haven't tried that yet. My arthritic hand and wrist joints hate me when I use the rotary cutter much so any help with cutting is a blessing.
Have a great day. xo connie

Libby in TN said...

At least your scraps are going to a good cause!

Needled Mom said...

I'm so glad you found a good home so you can feel guilt free about disposing of them!!! lol Why do we do that to ourselves?

I love the colors in those triangles. It will make a great baby quilt.

straythreads said...

The triangle s are so beachy fun quilt! What a way to start quilting instant stash! Good for you for parting with them. I tend to hang onto scraps because I never know when I'll need a piece from the past.
Ann

Susan said...

Your scraps are going to a good home! Love the boy quilt you're working on - very bright and cheery!

Sara said...

No guilt allowed! And they are going to someone else to enjoy, so it's all good. Love that new quilt, especially the colors. We must like similar color palettes because I always like your color choices.

kupton52 said...

I love the color combination of your triangle quilt. I just got a GO! and really like it. I resisted a long time thinking I could easily live without one...lol. But it really does speed things up and the cuts are so precise. I especially like it for tumbler blocks now. (That was a very kind thing you did...bags of scraps for a new quilter? What a great gift---fabrics already color coordinated. She'll remember this.)

Vicki in MN said...

Some people like scraps, some don't, it's all good, especially if you give them to a good home:) She'll have loads of fun quilts in the end! I hope she starts a blog so we can see them.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Sounds like your scraps are going to a good home. Me I love scraps.......right now I am doing a scrap challenge with a 18 gallon scrap bin...............it is all on my blog. I am working on the second quilt right now and there will more quilts yet to be made. Thing is we are in our RV for the summer and that is what I brought with me.
I love your new baby boy quilt.

Debbie said...

The quilt shop I frequent will let you rent their top of the line, electric Go cutter and I was thinking about taking my scraps there and spending a few hours cutting and organizing...but it is officially summer time in Alaska so I think that will have to be a winter project. Nothing like putting off that scrap organization...again! I bet it feels great to get rid of/give away those scraps.