"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 10, 2015

Miss Muffet's Tuffet

Miss Muffet has another Tuffet! 

A few months ago I finished this top for a tuffet
and was waiting for a class to fit into my schedule
so I could put the tuffet together.



Saturday I headed over to one of my local quilt shops
and made this new Tuffet.



This is for my oldest daughter's birthday at the end of the month.



She's a HUGE VCU fan...
Black and Gold!

These are just too much fun to make.
I see at least one more in my future.

There are a number of choices for the feet
and I thought these modern feet looked good with these batiks.
Too Much Fun!!


I'm glad Little Miss Muffet 2 has a Tuffet!





Is this not the most unusual flower??
I think it's a Passion Flower... growing on a vine in one of my pots.
I planted it there, but it has bloomed very little.



Please visit Patchwork Times and Main Crush Monday
to see what others are creating today.

Happy Quilting!!

20 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tuffet for Little Ms Muffet! I went to Purdue so those gold and black colors and near and dear to my heart. Great job!

Libby in TN said...

Too cute! A assume the shop provides the legs and whatever else you need to finish?

Laura said...

Your tuffet looks great! I want to learn how to make them, but it will have to wait until next year. Where did you take your class? I live in VA too.

Podunk Pretties said...

Well that tuffet is amazing. I think my kids would love these. Is that a local designer, or can it be purchased online?

Julie said...

I love the tuffet! I have never attempted one. Black and gold are the colors of the University of Idaho too! My kids and husband all went to school there. The tuffet is so pretty!

Needled Mom said...

That tuffet is gorgeous!

Your passion flower is so pretty. Our son has a fence with the vine on it and I have always love the intricacies of the flower.

Judy D in WA said...

The tuffet is wonderful! She will love it. The passion flower is gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Any VCU fan will love that tuffet. It is gorgeous.

swooze said...

Love your tuffet!

Jill said...

What fun fabrics on your tuffet! And the passion flower is beautiful.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I had no idea I needed a tuffet until now!!! How cute is that?!? Love, love, love it! Is there a pattern for this or is it offered only by your local shop? Thanks so much for linking up to Main Crush Monday! :)

Sara said...

Wow! The tuffet is fantastic!

Kate said...

Wow, gorgeous tuffet! Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

That flower IS unusual, and beautiful. So is your tuffet. I've not seen that class offered around here, but how much fun it must be.

LA Paylor said...

I love these tuffets. It must take brute strength to connect those buttons thru the layers! This one is great! Love the legs. How does it sit? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

CathieJ said...

Your tuffet is beautiful. The flower you showed reminded me of the tuffet right away also.

QuiltinGal said...

Now I know what Little Miss Muffet's tuffet looked like. Very cute!

Lara B. said...

The tuffets you make are amazing Ramona! I'm smiling because it looks like you figured out a way to quilt for J. after all.
That is a lovely passion flower. Did you know that each part of the flower represents deeply spiritual things? I found a wonderful article about it: http://www.passionflowerbasket.com/passion-flower-name.html

Kristin said...

Gorgeous!!! I love your fabric choices. I might be making one of these in the near future. =)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ramona! It is lovely! I wish some store near me had classes so I could make more too! I traveled to get mine made this weekend. Too hard for the finishing class! I love mine!