One of the first things I ever quilted,
many years ago,
was a Cathedral Window table runner
I actually made a number of them, all by hand,
and gave them as gifts.
This has been one of my favorite blocks since then,
but for some reason I never made it again....
The other day I watched this video
and knew I had to try it.
I had just purchased a charm pack of fabrics
from Free Spirit and
knew these would work well.
Instead of using the 5" squares,
I cut them down to 2 1/2" squares and
pulled some gray scraps from my scrap basket
and cut those to size as well.
Here is what I have so far...
I played around with the squares and layed them out this way,
but quickly changed my mind.
(I know you can't really see the "fun" fabric,
but I put them in blocks of four prints each.)
They needed to be randomly placed.
I've sewn them into two's and will continue sewing the rows together.
I think I see a pillow in my future!