"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, June 30, 2014

The Last Monday of June!

Here we are...
Half way through the year!
WOW!!

My Design Wall has a new project on it today!
I needed to do something other then
Table Toppers and mini things.

So I pulled my collection of
Kaffe Stripes and Polka Dots out and
began to cut...








Here is where I am this morning...



A LOT of HST's in three different sizes.



The tiny ones are 1" finished.

 The large ones are 4" finished.

 The medium size ones are 2" finished.

I am not sure where I am going with these yet,
but I'm having fun!

I have a question for all of you wonderful quilters...
When you donate a quilt,
do you put a label on it? 
I have several I am donating and was thinking I'd put a 
label on them with just my initials and the care instructions.
 

Visit Patchwork Times to see what others
are creating!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Looks great - and having fun is a must! Happy sewing!

Rhonda R said...

This looks like a really fun quilt. Love how you combined the polka dots with the stripes.

carol fun said...

Even though you don't know where this one is going I think the final destination is going to be some place wonderful! Love all those Kaffe dots and stripes!

Bonnie said...

Great quilt. Sometimes it is really hard to cut into a great batch of fabric but good for you for doing so. The results so far are wonderful. I look forward to seeing where you go with this. Re labels for charity quilts. I generally put my name on a label. My guild prints labels with the guild name and the name of the member who made it. I also label QOV quilts with my name and location.

Laura said...

What a fun, colorful quilt! I don't usually put a label on donation quilts because I'm lazy, but I think it's a good idea to do it. I use the same triangle square up ruler you do. It's one of my favorite quilting notions.

Anonymous said...

I'd document the quilt with your name and year somewhere on the quilt. It can be written with a Pigma pen. It doesn't need to be a separate label.

Rhonda said...

Oh I do love your HST project. Can't wait to see where this leads.
As for labeling quilts.......I do label those that are going to a specific person but in my helping hands group I do not because I'm lazy.....

Anonymous said...

I love where this is headed! Beautiful fabrics and great design idea!