"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Miles' Big Boy Bed Quilt

 My daughter and son in law asked me to make
bed quilts for each of my grandchildren.
I sent them Kitchen Table Quilting's website
and they picked a pattern for each of them.

For Miles, they chose The Ivy Quilt.
For those who follow me,
these fabrics are going to look very familiar.
This is the third large quilt I've made
from these fabrics and colors.
I added to the group for Miles' quilt,
but a lot of them have been in previous quilts.
The background is new.
 
 
 
 
These colors are my favorites, by far.
I love the lime green pops of color
throughout the quilt.
They bring in so much light.



 
 
Rebecca Grace at Rebecca Grace Quilting
did a beautiful job quilting this one,
as she does with every quilt!
The design looks like flowing water to me,
adding to the sea look of the fabrics.
 
 

 
 
The backing looks like water, too.
This one is labeled and ready to wrap.
Now onto binding his sisters' quilt!
 
 
This months Queen Bee for the Gridsters
chose this block from Tilda.
She asked us to make one half of the block,
but I had to make the whole thing.
It was unfinished, otherwise.
This is a BIG block!
 

 
 
I had to make her with red hair for my two red-headed daughters
AND my two red-headed grandchildren!
 
 
Happy Quilting!

 

6 comments:

Sara said...

We have to represent those gingers in our lives!! I married a red head, have a daughter and a granddaughter with red hair. And a niece. Such a cute block. I saved it and printed it ages ago but haven't made it yet. Hmmm . . .

The aqua inspired quilt is awesome.

Libby in TN said...

Miles is one lucky kid!

Vicki in MN said...

How neat that your grandson will have grandma hugs every night while falling asleep.

Debbie said...

The quilt for Miles is so fun...perfect quilting design. I have a few Tilda patterns, love your block.

Vicki W said...

Miles is going to love his new quilt!

StarGames said...

Brilliantly presented! Your post is both insightful and thought-provoking. Appreciate you sharing your valuable perspective.