"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Baby Things

 With my granddaughter arriving at the end of this month,
I have been busy making her little baby things.

Making things for littles is so much fun...
(and goes so quickly!)  :)



This little sweater pattern in called Newborn Vertebrae.

It's knit without a front for skin to skin contact
Also, if the baby spits up, one doesn't have to change the sweater.
It was strange to knit at first,
without a front, but went quickly. 



These are quilt as you go bibs.
I bought the set on sale somewhere and had fun making these, too.
I need to add the fasteners and these will be finished!





I found the softest terrycloth for these baby wraps
(This is the bamboo double terrycloth.)  
 
These wraps went together quickly and will be so cozy soft
for the baby. I'm tempted to order more of this terry cloth
to make some robes! 
The shipping was super fast and they sent me samples
of other fabrics they sell.
 
I have three nieces who are also expecting,
so I will be busy making these little things for a while!
And, of course, baby quilts will be made for each little one.
 
Happy Creating! 
 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a nice idea for the sweaters - they always get so messed up with the baby spit up

Libby in TN said...

Cute little sweaters! They remind me of shrugs. Have fun making lots of littles!

straythreads said...

Cute, cute,cute!! We are going to see the babies this weekend

Kim said...

I can see you are loving fashioning pretties for your granddaughter. Those itty bitty seaters are sweet and the bibs are such fun.

Sara said...

So many sweet little things for the baby. I'm sure it's a labor of love with every stitch.

Needled Mom said...

Those sweaters are so interesting and such a great idea. The bibs are super cute too. You are going to have so much fun making things for this new little girl.

Vicki in MN said...

You definitely will be busy sewing and knitting for all the littles! The no front sweater is a no concept to me, you'll have to post how your daughter likes it. Happy Holidays Ramona!