"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, May 15, 2020

Baby Blue is Finished

I seem to have a pattern with my quilting.
I'll spend weeks piecing and sewing tops and things together
and then I'll spend a few weeks quilting these things,
unless something needs to be finished right away.
The big quilts I make are sent to my LAQ,
but the smaller things I do myself.

Yesterday I finished quilting Baby Blue,
the baby quilt made with found four patches
and batik scraps.




The four patches were left over from a quilt I made years ago
and the dark blue in the HST's was from scraps left from a quilt backing.




Here you can see the little swirls in the dark blue batik.
 I see another quilt made with this block in my future!
 It was so fun to make!


 

This baby quilt will be donated to my church
once the isolation orders are lifted.


Happy Quilting!
Be safe and be well.

10 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

And I love seeing all you are cranking out!! Pretty soon you'll have an empty closet if you keep up at this rate!

Libby in TN said...

I am constantly amazed at what can be done with 4Ps and HSTs! Thanks for sharing.

straythreads said...

Beautiful! The colors are so calming and refreshing.
Stay safe, stay creative

Sewing Up A Storm said...

It looks beautiful and some lucky child will really enjoy it.

Needled Mom said...

That's beautiful. I love that block too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great idea! I have a ton of 4 patches leftover from a quilt i just finished! And I was afraid they would languish in a drawer! Can't wait to get started!

PaintedThread said...

Beautiful! Love the design and the colors.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty quilt, beautiful fabrics!

Sandy said...

Oh wow, it really turned out lovely! I love all the happy colors and what a wonderful thing for you to donate it. Much love went into that creation and the person who receives it will be thrilled. Stay well.

Barb N said...

This is so pretty - the colors are just striking together, and the layout is wonderful. Whoohoo!