"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, June 17, 2019

Sea Life Baby Quilt

Happy Monday morning!
I have another finish to share today.
My piles are slowly disappearing and so far
I haven't been making new piles!
We will see how long this lasts.

I finished another baby quilt and
absolutely love the fabrics used in this one.




I had a layer cake of these beautiful fabrics called
"Calypso" by In the Beginnings
and then found this pattern that calls for a layer cake.
I had the blue polka dot grunge for the background
and started cutting the pieces.

 



It didn't take me long before I had the quilt top finished.
There is an outer border that I didn't add because I didn't
want the quilt to be that big.
 

 


This fabric is digitally printed
and is so vibrant and beautiful.

 

I had to really think about how to quilt it and am pleased with
what I came  up with for this one.
It's nothing fancy and was fast and pretty easy.


While making this baby quilt,
the directions called for 52 HST's for the border.
I read that as needing to cut 52 4" squares to use
for the HST's.
Yep... you guessed it... I had 52 HST's left!

When life gives you extra quilt parts,
make another quilt!




Pinwheels were made from the HST's and I had enough
layer cake pieces to fill in with those.

 


My photo is slightly blurry, but I love the fish in this print.

 


This one will be sewn together and borders will be added
to make another baby quilt.
Woohoo!! for mistakes!

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that you showed the back I can really see how you quilted it better that way - wonderful!

Libby in TN said...

Making lemonade again, huh? Both quilts are lovely. Gorgeous fabrics.

Churn Dash said...

Wow, what a way to make a mistake and make it fabulous.

I love the fabric and was tempted to buy some myself.

Helen

Julie said...

The star quilt is fabulous, but what fun to have the leftovers to make another fun quilt! I really like it!

Vicki in MN said...

A two-fer!! I'd say your quilting is spot on for this cute baby quilt!

chrisknits said...

What a stunner!! It is gorgeous in its deep jewel tones.

straythreads said...

Great quilts love the bonus s quilt lots of eye spy things to look for

AnnieO said...

Love the finished top--I always get hung up on deciding if a border is needed, too. Generally I vote no ;)

Another bonus quilt can't be a problem--Quilt MATH is the hardest math!

Needled Mom said...

I love those fabrics too and they made such a great baby quilt. The bonus quilt is a winner too. Yay!