"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Pot Holders

A few years ago I made some pot holders
for a church bazaar and a friend bought a few to give as gifts.
Recently, she asked if I could make her some more for 
her and her cousin.

These go together so quickly and are a fun project to make.
The only request she had for fabrics was that she wanted
a couple out of Christmas fabrics.




The finished size is about 8" square.
I used two pieces of batting and one piece of the insul-bright inside the pot holders. 





Both my friend and her cousin have campers,
so I thought this fabric would be a hit with both of them.
It's the only piece that wasn't in my stash.


My friend's kitchen is yellow and blues.
This is perfect!

They will be delivered in the next day or so.
Another project checked from my list!


****Edit****

Libby asked what the contrasting stripe was for about 1/4 of the way
down on the pot holder.
I made the pot holders with a pocket for your hand.
I saw one like this somewhere and thought it was a great idea.




It protects the front and back of your hand.
Or it's doubly thick if you don't put your hand in the pocket.

 
 
The pocket is a 6"x8" piece made the same way as the 8" square part.


Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

So pretty! Does the strip across about 1/4 down serve a function or is it just decorative?

Kim said...

These potholders are fabulous, Ramona. What a good idea to put a pocket in each one; much easier to get a hot pot from the oven. All the fabrics are lovely. I particularly love the happy camper one.

Vicki in MN said...

I love these and have seen several on Pinterest before. Your camper one is adorable!!! I had been thinking of making a few to match my snowman runners and putting them on Etsy.

Julie said...

What a fun project! I love the camper fabric! I don't camp (maybe I would if I had a campper) but it's very cute!