"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Graduation Quilt Finished

The last week has brought a lot of rain to my neck of the woods.
Rain means I can't be outside working.
Rain means I get to play more in my Hidey Hole!
I have four quilts that need to be quilted and finished,
so one day I had a basting party.

The first quilt is finished and ready to give to the graduate.




This quilt was made from a kit I purchased
last year on sale from Craftsy.
A friend had made it and I loved her finish.
When I started cutting the pieces,
I couldn't quite figure out why I liked it so much.
Maybe some of the fabrics in my quilt were different,
but I'm not sure.

 

I am much happier with it now that it's finished,
but I don't think I would purchase this kit today.

 
 

It was quilted with swirls and loops 
and bound in the same fabric as the backing.




The backing looks like a beautiful garden at night!
Gorgeous colors and flowers.

The label will be sewn onto this finish
and given to the special graduate.

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I think you'd be happier if the design were more prominent, but it's still a sweet quilt and a thoughtful gift.

straythreads said...

The design gets lost in the bright colors and numerous prints, they are fun prints and not ;your typical bundle of fabrics in a kit in that they look like several fabric lines. You learn something with each quilt. Its fun to look at and will keep someone warm. Beautifully machine quilted.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great and I love that backing

Vicki in MN said...

Think I agree with what others have said, the fabrics make it busy and you can't really pick out the design. But that won't stop it from being a great quilt to cuddle with!

Julie said...

The quilt turned out great. It definitely looks a little scrappier than your usual style! It is a wonderful gift and a finish!

Needled Mom said...

I love the backing that you used for the back. I agree that it got better with a finish. It's such a great pattern and would be fun to do in a true pattern. It will make a wonderful gift.

Preeti said...

This is so beautiful, Ramona. Love the colors and the bright floral prints. I am sure it was one lucky graduate. I have a feeling that if more students found out about the graduating quilts program the number of unsuccessful candidates can be greatly diminished :-)