"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, June 28, 2019

Patriotic Pillows

In my last post I wrote about making a
Patriotic table runner or table topper
for my mom and siblings each year for the past
8 years.

This year's table topper is a flag I made
altering this pattern just a bit.




After making the table topper flags,
I decided to make some pillows for 2 friends and myself.
I liked the pillows made at Cluck Cluck Sew
and pretty much followed her idea.

The pillows are quilted, bound and stuffed.




There's something about red, white and blue that just makes me smile.

 


I needed the light blue border to make the pillows fit a standard size form.
It brings a little more light into the pillow, too.
 



I love this swirly fabric I used for the back.
There is a hidden zipper so the form can be removed
and it can be used as a topper instead of a pillow.

 


The 2019 Patriotic items are done!

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Love those pillows and the table toppers!! I'm also working on table toppers, but for a different holiday.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty fabrics in these projects! They are great gifts.

Julie said...

Your patriotic pillows are wonderful! What a fun way to celebrate our great country.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are perfect!! LOVE the pillows!!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the patriotic pillows and just in time for July 4th celebration.

Kim said...

Your pillows are fabulous, Ramona! Love the different fabrics for each stripe and the blue fabric border is perfect. It showcase the 'flag' wonderfully.

straythreads said...

Wonderful fun fabrics

chrisknits said...

Love the pillows! And I agree, I just finished a pillow myself in Patriotic colors, and then 2 tops have been finished this week, one wall sized, one throe sized!

Vicki in MN said...

That was a fabulous idea to make pillows, your patio will be all decked out in style for a BBQ-let me know when, LOL