"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Paper Pieced Star Finish

After having this star kit in my cabinet for at least 2 years,
it is finally made.
The kit called for the four stars to be placemats,
but 12" placemats are too small.
My original plan was to make the stars into a baby quilt,
but making four of these was more than enough!

It became a table runner.



This is a large table runner,
or could be a bed runner if one was so inclined.



It still amazes me how perfectly the border fabric goes with the stars.



I had to piece the backing and used the fat quarters
from the kit that were supposed to be the placemat backings.
For the binding, I used the extra fabric along the edge
and left the solids in place.
It adds a little pop of color along the edges.


This is ready to place on my table,
since my husband told me I can't give this one away.
:)


**Edit**
I'm linking to Design Wall Monday.


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I can't blame DH for wanting to keep this one!

Needled Mom said...

That is a real keepsake! Those fabrics are just fabulous.

Vicki in MN said...

With all the work you put into it I am glad you are keeping this one. I like the pop of solid in the binding.

Julie said...

Love it! The quilting you decided on is perfect! It really enhances the stars. Great work!

time4stitchn said...

Looks amazing! Great finish! I really like how it turned out!