"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Almost Finished Mystery Quilt

There was a time earlier this year
when I thought this Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt
would never get finished.
I had made a mistake in measuring the borders
and had to rip both borders off,
find the error and fix it.
It took me months to get myself in the mood
to spend several hours with my seam ripper.

I ripped and ripped,
the borders were fixed
and I picked it up from my long arm quilter today.

Woohoo!!



I really like the colors in this quilt,
but the design was just too busy for me.
Those chevron blocks were not my favorite to make,
so I was determined to use them.
 



It's ready for binding and then can be checked off of my list.

 



It was quilted with a modern feather design and aqua thread.

 


The backing is one of my favorites...
Grunge spots!


The binding may not be done for a while,
but it will be here waiting for me.

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful. That is the same backing that I used for mine! I do like your border. Now you are ready for this year's mystery.

Rhonda said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I've always wanted to do a Bonnie mystery quilt but alas, it never seems to happen.

Melody A. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is Gorgeous~!!! I love her quilt designs! Happy Sewing from Iowa

Libby in TN said...

Definitely worth the effort. I liked the colors in this one, too, or I would never have started another BH mystery. Unfortunately, I got bogged down in holiday preparations and mine is still in pieces in a box somewhere.

vincenzo126 said...

Ugh. I do love the colors though. I finally stopped worrying with mine, and turned it into a table runner named "Over Scott Pond". Congratulations on sticking with the full sized quilt! Yours is great!
-Jean💟

Vicki in MN said...

Fabulous! Love me some Grunge dots and especially in that color!!!

Churn Dash said...

You did well to re-design the quilt. The chevrons in the border look wonderful, the quilt looks wonderful!

Helen

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Ramona -- I am in love with your border!!!! The quilt is stunning.

time4stitchn said...

So happy for you to get this off your UFO list. Hooray to finish/refinish the borders. It looks wonderful and your grunge backing is perfect for it!

straythreads said...

That turned out GORGEOUS!!!

Julie said...

It was so worth it to fix it! It's gorgeous and the chevron border really adds so much interest to the quilt. I love it. I will have to see what the mystery is this year. I wish her pieces were a big larger so we didn't have to make so many units! I think that is what makes them so busy.