"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Little Socks

For quite some time I have been knitting
children's socks from left-over yarn used to make
adult size socks.
One left-over ball makes one pair of little socks.




There are 19 pair of socks ready to be mailed to the
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
 I sent some knitted items to them a couple of years ago 
and thought this would be a great place for my little socks.




The labels have the size and the
laundering instructions on them.





In this box will go two pair of mittens I made as well.
I don't enjoy knitting mittens as much as I enjoy knitting socks.
It's odd because they are easier.
It might be the darn thumb!

 
 


One of these little socks had been finished for a long, long time...
waiting for its mate to be finished, too.

 


That finally happened the other night
and Doodlebug put them right on her tiny size 1 feet.

Now to begin another pile of little socks!
(I have LOTS of left-over yarn balls!)

Happy Quilting!
(And Knitting!)

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Nice work my friend, they will surely appreciate them. And in return you get warm fuzzy feelings knowing some children will have warmer feet.

Libby in TN said...

I am so inspired by your knitting; then I remember how much it hurts my hands. My mother loved to knit mittens and she always kept a cap/sweater/booties set on hand for new babies (in gender-neutral yellow).

Needled Mom said...

I just LOVE your little socks. You have labeled them so beautifully too. Your feet are so tiny!!!

Julie said...

Amazing! The little socks are fabulous. I am so impressed! One of my friend's daughters who was my son's classmate, teaches on the Pine Ridge reservation. She has to buy a lot of her own supplies.

straythreads said...

What a dear you are! Adorable

time4stitchn said...

Now I know how you named your blog. So very precious... those doodlebugs. I admire your knitting. I love the process of doing it, just don't seem to finish anything.
I can't wait to see what you will do with those ties!