"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, September 29, 2018

New project

A dear friend of our family
retired last year from a career in the banking business.
He wore a tie every day that he went to work.

After he retired, I offered to make a quilt
using some of his ties.




He delivered this duffel bag FULL of ties
a while ago.
90 ties to be exact!

 


It's taken a while,
but the ties are all deconstructed
and ready for pressing and playing.

 


I know what I want to do,
but am waiting for the interfacing to arrive.

Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Katy Sweigart said...

I can’t wait to see what you do with these! I’m working on my tie quilt too now. Be careful of the reds I’d you wash them. Some bleed like crazy.

Vicki in MN said...

Hats off to you girl-I hate deconstructing!!

Needled Mom said...

I can't wait to see what you do with them. I have a drawer full of ties to "someday" use.

Julie said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on these. I made two log cabin wallhangings out of ties MANY yeas ago. It was my aunt's choice of pattern. I threw all the ties in the washer and if they didn't hold up they were tossed!

Churn Dash said...

I've seen a few tie quilts, I am really looking forward to seeing what you make.

Helen