"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Two New Projects

Each year for the past six or so I've made my siblings
a red, white and blue table topper or runner for July 4th.
Our father died in July and he was one of the most
Patriotic people I know.
They are made in memory of him.

Before going to Missouri Star last month
I had decided on this years design and
found the fabric to make them at Missouri Star.

 One has been put together to make sure
the fabrics work and that I like the result.




I've wanted to make this table runner for a long time
and thought it would be fun in the patriotic fabrics.
I sewed 2 1/2" strips together instead of using a border fabric.



The remaining strips are pieced and ready for cutting with
the 60 degree ruler. 
These should go together very quickly.


Something else that came home with me from Missouri Star
were charm packs of the "Painted Garden" line.
I found tiny polka dot fabric to go with the charm packs
and have been working on these 
Disappearing Four Patch blocks.




Disappearing Four Patch is one of my favorite blocks to make.
This may be the 6th or 7th quilt I've made using this design.

 

This will make a sweet baby girl quilt when it's finished.
Mindless sewing at it's best!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That's such a fun table runner and it looks so patriotic.

I, too, love the D4P pattern. The fabrics you used in yours makes for a fabulous finish. It is such a bright and happy quilt.

Sara said...

Love your fabric choices! Both patterns have been on my “some day” list for quite some time. I have a couple of great charm packs that would work for the D4P. This makes me want to pull one out and start right away - except I’m not home. Bummer! I’ve made several 60 degree runners made from border prints, but just haven’t tried it with the strip sets yet.

straythreads said...

Love the hexes

Libby in TN said...

That's my favorite table runner pattern. I did Christmas ones last year from a border print. You were smart to realize you could use a stripset for the same result.

Churn Dash said...

You have been busy!

The runners are wonderful, your family are lucky to have you make such wonderful for things for them.

Helen

Rebecca Grace said...

Both projects are lovely!

Vicki in MN said...

Love your runner, it reminded me I had made one a couple years ago. I used strips like you also. What I didn't like was the length too short. But in looking at yours now, couldn't one just put another set on the other end? I gotta go study it some more.

time4stitchn said...

I really like your patriotic table runners. They look fun and easy to make with the 60 degree rulers and are inspiring me to make one of my own.
The disappearing 4 patch looks wonderful as well. Yeah for easy baby quilts.

And yes, I do value your input on my blog. Thank you!