"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, June 22, 2018

99% Finished Tree Skirt

This week has been rather busy for me,
but I was able to sneak in some quilting time
and have the latest Christmas tree skirt almost finished.



The ties need to be added to the back and the label sewn on and then
it will be finished.

 


I made this with 60 degree triangles cut 8" tall.
Using larger triangles made it a quick project
and I like how it really shows off the designs in the fabrics.

 

This is the back.
Several years ago I found a good sale on this fabric and bought
a lot of it. I just love the poinsetta print. The colors are so
vibrant, too.

This one will be finished for the July wedding!


One of my friends, who is also a quilter, has started making Christmas tree skirts
as wedding gifts, too.
She was here yesterday and brought the skirt she is making
for an upcoming wedding.



 Christmas tree skirt made by Lynn.

 
Isn't this beautiful?!?
I never would have thought to use the yellowy/orange fabric
with the burgundy and green, 
but it brings in so much light to the design.
The ties need to be added and then she will be finished.
I need to find this pattern!

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Libby in TN said...

The pattern in your friend's tree skirt is so intriguing. Please share the source when you find it.

Needled Mom said...

Your tree skirt finished beautifully. I do like seeing all of the fabric designs with the larger pieces.

Your friends skirt is a beauty too. The yellow fabrics really do make it sparkle.

Debbie said...

Pretty tree skirts...I do love the gold in the star pattern of the tree skirt.

Vicki in MN said...

Close enough to call it a finish:) Is that an allover peacock design you quilted? I love your friends stars on points with the gold, it really does make the whole thing pop.

Judy D in WA said...

You have been busy! I love it. How fun is it to go to the recipient's homes and see these tree skirts in use. And your friend's is stunning. I hope you find the name of that pattern and share it with all of us. :)