"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Patriotic Finish 2018

As I posted before,
I've been making quilted Patriotic items for my 4 siblings and mom
for a number of years.
The table runners for 2018 are now finished and ready for gifting.




I got a little carried away this year with the cutting of the parts!

To make these,
I cut 3" strips of the red and blue fabrics and 2 1/2" strips of the white.
I sewed them into strip sets and then used a 60 degree triangle ruler to 
cut the strip sets into triangles.
Then the fun began...
arranging and rearranging them into the various designs.





These table runners are about 40" long.



This is my husband's favorite,
so it now is on our kitchen table.



The little toppers are about 25" long
and went together so quickly.




After I'd made 8  of the smaller toppers
(I told you I got carried away cutting them!)
I decided to make some larger ones to use up more triangles.
I like these better and wish I had made them all like this.
Oh well....



Here are all of the toppers I've made so far, starting in 2011, but 
skipping 2012 for some reason.
Wouldn't this make a fun collage on the wall?
I already have an idea for next years item. :)

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday.

Happy Quilting!!


4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I like the longer length, too. When I made that pattern for the sitters Christmas 2016 I felt it was a little short, but never thought about making it longer. Now I want to try it again!

Vicki in MN said...

The longer ones are my favorites too! But they are all so pretty lined up together!

Julie said...

They are all wonderful and what a great remembrance gift for your family. I love seeing them altogether. Yes, it would make a wonderful collage!

Churn Dash said...

What a wonderful collection.

The longer ones do look great. I wonder if I could make something similar to sell for the library sale. Well, I could but will I is more the question!!

Helen