"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

New Christmas Tree Skirt

We are invited to a wedding in July
and it dawned on me the other day that
July will be here in just a couple of weeks!
I need to get moving on the Christmas Tree Skirt! 

Fabrics came out and cutting began.
I saw a tree skirt made with triangles here
and decided that would be the design I would use this time.
(It seems I have a "thing" for triangles lately!)





 I cut 60 degree triangles from a stack of Christmas fabrics
and began playing on my design wall.





 This came together so quickly and was so easy to make.
It really shows off the Christmas fabrics.





The colors are more vibrant than the photo shows.
Quilting has begun and will hopefully be finished soon.


It will be Christmas in July!


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

straythreads said...

Beautiful you have been soo productive lately, I have not. Your rwb table runners are gorgeous I will spend today in my sewing room away from food since it is time for the 10 year c procedure.
You inspire me to get to work

Needled Mom said...

I do like the festive triangles. It will make a lovely gift.

Vicki in MN said...

This will be another beauty! You will have it done in no time at all:)

Rebecca Grace said...

Love the equilateral triangles with the Christmas fabrics! This will be lovely!

time4stitchn said...

What a great way to utilize Christmas fabrics! I love your "thing" for triangles. It inspires me to try them as well. What sizes did you use for the 2 projects?

I always love to see what you are doing!

Debbie