"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, June 8, 2018

Knitting Something Other Than Socks!

As those who follow my blog know,
I am a sock knitter.
Lately I've been knitting socks for children from
yarn left over from knitting adult socks.

A friend gave me a skein of yarn a while ago that is 100% wool.
It couldn't be used for socks because 100% wool doesn't wear well,
so I was looking for something else to make with it.

Finally,
a few weeks ago I found the perfect pattern,
Workday Scarf at Ravelry. 





This was a quick and easy knit
and traveled so well!

 

It's one that can be worn in warmer weather,
but will be nice in the colder temperatures, too.

 


It worked really well with this beautiful blue wool yarn.

 


The subtle variation in color shines in this pattern.

Now I'm itching to make another one!

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful and such a gorgeous color too.

Libby in TN said...

So pretty, Ramona! The subtle variations in color -- would you call that heather? -- really show off the pattern.

Vicki in MN said...

A beautiful shade of blue, is this one for you?

kupton52 said...

Your knitting is amazing....I only crochet--have never mastered knitting, but my beautiful blue socks make me want to learn! Have a great day!