"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Relaxing Sewing...



The past couple of days have been quiet and peaceful.
In fact, I haven't left the house since coming home from
church on Sunday night.
It's wonderful!
In these quiet and peaceful hours,
I've had a chance to sew and play in my Hidey Hole.

One of the things I worked on was getting the pieces cut
for Clues 4 and 5 of
"On Ringo Lake."



They are waiting to be sewn into the units.
Unit 4 was started last night and is half way finished.


For quite some time, I've had two baby quilt tops done
and waiting to be quilted.
On Christmas Day afternoon I pin basted each one
and began quilting the first one.



I had wanted to use a free motion design for these,
but I put a minky on the back and there was way too
much drag to free motion quilt.
Out came the walking foot and the quilting was finished.

 

One I quilted a foot length away from the seam,
the other is just next to the seam.

This pattern is from the Fat Quarter Shop
and is called Baby Gingham Quilt.
It went together in no time at all.



I just love the minky I found for the backing.
It is so soft and so fun with all of the animals!

 

These will go in my stack of baby quilts waiting for babies!

 

All bound and ready to give.

Now, back to sewing mystery quilt units!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes it is nice to not leave the house for a couple days isn't it. I didn't leave mine for a couple days either - now I'm getting back into my routine of leaving the house for daily much needed exercise. Nice to have a stack of baby quilts available to gift when needed or to donate - I need to get some ready myself.

Libby in TN said...

Just what the quilt doctor ordered! Love the gingham design; I've seen it several places. I haven't had time to really deal with the last two ORL clues beyond doing a couple of trial blocks. Took it with me to Conway, hoping to get some cutting done but it never left the bag.

Sara said...

Very sweet baby quilts. Isn't it refreshing when you have some calm peaceful time at home? I thought yesterday was going to be like that for me, but it didn't happen. And today I'm back at work on both of my part time jobs. But I get to have lunch with my oldest daughter today as she is passing through on a work trip. And tomorrow I'm meeting up with 2 former coworkers for lunch. So life is good!