The last week has been quiet here on the blog
because I was finishing
The Wedding Quilt.
I started working on this in January
and I'm very glad I did.
It took many days to cut all of the various size strips
for the blocks.
Then it took many more days to sew all of the blocks together.
A LOT of starch was used!
Then it took a few days to sew the top together
The pattern is called
There are only four blocks in this quilt,
going from a lot of green and a little white
to a lot of white and a little green.
This design is modern, but I love it.
I thought it would be a great wedding quilt because
it isn't too feminine.
My problem was I needed to make a California King.
Do you know how big that is??
This top is queen size and I couldn't add more diamonds
without making it too big.
Borders were necessary.
I wanted to do something different with the borders,
but the bias edges and the size of the quilt made it too difficult.
It is now a California King size.
I love the backing I found for it.
The way it is quilted and bound,
it could be reversible.
This quilting design is called "Clockworks" and I love it with this quilt.
When I picked it up from the longarm quilter,
she called it a monster!
The quilt was wrapped,
using some flowers I dried from the bouquet
I had made for her Bridal shower.
I wanted to get some good photos of the quilt straight on,
but this quilt is so big,
there wasn't a good place to hold it up in order to see the entire thing.
Plus, it was very windy and there is pollen everywhere!
This is the best we could do.
My goddaughter and her fiance love the quilt
and can't wait to use it.
I am very happy to have this finished and delivered!