"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Borders and Blocks

The borders have been added to the
Orange Flying Geese Quilt.
YAY!!

I added another narrow scrappy black and white border
and then a wider yellow border.



I cannot tell you how happy I am with this quilt.
It began as a completely different design, 
but flew off in another direction.
:D

 

I'm trying to decide if I am going to quilt this one myself.
It's larger than I normally feel comfortable with,
but it doesn't need anything fancy.

 

The colors just pop when they are all together.
 

For those who are good with names,
I need some suggestions for this quilt, please.



Last night and this morning I finished the next set of
Books of the Bible blocks
for my History of Quilting group.



I am really liking these blocks.

 

Each month we show the blocks we've made at our meeting.
The various color combinations and fabrics are so much fun to see.

Be safe today... lots of bad storms around the country.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE, LOVE this quilt! The colors and design are just fabulous. Since the geese all have black fences around them, how about "every which way but loose"? Great finish. I want to make one just like yours.

Libby in TN said...

Geese have that way about them, don't they? I was thinking Flight of Fancy, but I like Needled Mom's name, too. You've inspired me to use yellow background very soon!

Sara said...

That quilt just knew what it wanted to be when it grew up. It's great. Love the scrappy border!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE how that turned out!! You could do straight lines or simple quilting in the blocks and then somthing cool in the borders - show off a little!

canuckquilter said...

I love, love, love that geese quilt! The colors just hum. I really like the border matching the geese background. No help with names from my corner though. I have a tough enough time naming my own quilts!

swooze said...

I love your quilt!

Migration, loosely goosey, what's good for the goose, duck, duck, GOOSE!

How's that for some ideas? 😁

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love how your flying geese quilt turned out! That yellow background is inspired - it just sets everything off so well and makes it look so cheerful. How about "Geese in the Sunshine" for the name?

Loris said...

Your Flying Geese quilt is lovely! As are the blocks for your Books of the Bible quilt. I made a quilt for a Psalms study group and one for Women of the Bible. It was really fun making it along with other online quilters.

Unknown said...

How about "Flying into the sunset. That is what the orange reminded me of, and they are geese.

Kristin said...

You're flying goose quilt is really stunning. How about "Every Which Way" for a name? I love the combination of yellow and black and the orange geese really make it sparkle!