"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, May 11, 2015

Designless Monday

This is the time of year
when there are not nearly enough
Hours in the Day
for me.

I am usually good around the holidays,
but spring time.....

My anniversary trip put me way behind in the
yard work, but the trip was so worth it!

Like a lot of us,
my creating with fabric has suffered
while I create with Mother Nature,
or clean up what Mother Nature left after the winter.


In addition...
I am working on a project for my
History of Quilting group
and can't yet share it.

Here is a sneak peak...
(and you will wonder what THIS fabric
has to do with the History of Quilting!)


Years ago (2005) I received this fabric from a friend of my husband's.


I had no idea what I would use it for and have kept
it all of these years.

Soon you will see what I am doing with these wild ladies!



Last night, since I was too sore to do much else,
I "deboned" a pile of men's shirts I had gotten
at one of the local thrift stores last week.
I hit pay dirt with the shirts this time!


I need to make two Boy baby quilts quickly
and will use some of these shirts
for at least one of them.
The plaids and stripes are just so much fun!

Please visit Judy at Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

Happy Quilting!!

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Can't wait to see what you're doing with the nurses!

Lara B. said...

You did post "recently" LOL
Wow that pile of deboned shirts looks full of wonderful possibilities Ramona. I need to start visiting thrift stores! Currently I have my garage sale visiting sister-in-laws keeping an eye out for silk ties, I should add plaid shirts to the list.
And I am very curious how your History of Quilting project will tie in with the humorous nurse fabric.
Hope you don't get too sore to sew!

straythreads said...

What a great pile of plaids. the borders on your nurses look great. might they be pockets for walkers??

Barb in Mi said...

Great shirt fabrics - and now I want to know what you are doing with the nurses...