"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, May 25, 2015

A Front Finish...

My goal from last week
is to not start anything new
Until I finish some of these
projects I have in piles, baskets and bags!

Today I have one finish to show.
Well, it's a "front" finish, 
but it counts!


Santa is on Vacation!


I love this Jolly Ole' Elf!
His legs are so chunky and cute with the flip flops.

One thing I do differently from the pattern when making these
stockings, is I use batting scraps to stuff the pieces
instead of polyfil. 
I started doing this with the very first stocking
because I didn't have any polyfil, but have
LOTS of batting scraps.
I place the piece of felt on the batting to use as a pattern
and cut the batting,
taking a little extra off
so the batting almost comes to the edge of the
felt piece.

The little boats and palm trees are so cute.


An adjustment I made with this pattern
is to not satin stitch all of the holly leaves on the blanket.
(Stitching is not my forte!)
I cut out little holly leaves from the green felt and stitched them in place.
This was MUCH easier and faster for me!

I now have two stocking fronts for which to make the 
quilted stocking bodies. These are on my list to finish before something
new is started!

Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

Happy quilting!!


13 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

The detail is amazing, nice work!

Libby in TN said...

I love the dimples in his chubby little legs.

Kat Scribner said...

Oh my. I am working on stockings this year, and they in no way can compare to yours. Just wonderful!

Kate said...

Lots of fun details on this one! Good luck with your finishing it up plans.

Churn Dash said...

What an amazing stocking, so much detail work. I think I would prefer to spend Christmas at the beach too!

Helen

Ilana said...

Your quilt is wonderful! Santa sure seems to be enjoying his vacation.

Lara B. said...

Ramona, the attention to detail is just amazing! Santa is a jolly fellow and I love his chubby little legs and dimpled knees too. I think the holly leaves would have been overwhelmed by satin stitching. Great idea to use batting and i bet that it stays in place much better than polyfill.

Teresa in Music City said...

These are absolutely adorable Ramona!!!! I am jealous of Santa - I SO want to feel the sand between my toes :*)

Ruth said...

How cool - this brought a smile to my face straight away!

Anonymous said...

Is there a pattern for this? I just discovered your site (from Patchwork Times)

Anonymous said...

oops - I just looked at older posts and see the pattern. Sorry! I'm bookmarking your site - you have lots of fun projects done and going

Katy M said...

This is amazing! So fun and modern :)

Kathy E. said...

Sent here by Lara B. of BuzzinBumble as she loves your blog! My heart went aflutter when I saw your Cross My Heart quilt! What a lucky little girl to receive this! It is amazingly gorgeous!