"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, May 17, 2024

HST Veterans Quilt

 A friend of my sister-in-laws came into some fabric from a
quilter who died suddenly. This friend does not like batiks,
so gave my SIL a big tub of them
My SIL was kind enough to share some with me
and I thought they would make a great Veterans Quilt.
 
Last year Vicki at Colorways by Vicki 
made a HST quilt from her beautiful scraps and
I knew I was going to make the same design at some point.
These batik fabrics would be great for this design.
 
 
 
 
I cut a bunch of 5" squares and the made HST's.
When I started cutting, I didn't know what design I would use,
so just made a bunch.
I was four HST's short when I finished making the blocks.
Not too bad!




This one will get quilted and then donated.
 
I can see more of these in my future!
 
 
Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love it!

Vicki in MN said...

Love this design, great finish!