"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 29, 2024

Miss C's Quilt

 My newest little love bug arrived a month early
and I had not even started her quilt,
not that she cared at all.
My daughter and son-in-law had picked the
pattern... Elizabeth Hartman's 
"Spectacular Savannah". 

I've made a few of her patterns before
and always cut all of the pieces
before I begin piecing.
Each animal had it's own baggie of parts.
I find the process is much faster when I do it this way.


 
 
The most challenging part of making the quilt
was choosing the fabrics. 
I pulled and put back,
went shopping and didn't use a few that I bought,
but finally came up with a pile.


 
 
These patterns are so well written and easy to follow.
The animals came together in no time.
(Well... maybe a little time!)
 
 

 
 
This photo shows the true color of the background fabric.
Mr. Lion is my favorite.
 
 

 
 
Once the backing fabric arrives,
this will be sent to Jennifer at 
Peaceful Hill Quilting.
Then the menagerie will reside in little Love Bug's room. 
 
 
Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Sara said...

That is a darling quilt. I do like Elizabeth Hartman's patterns. They are cute and very well written.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh that is sure a cute quilt for the precious new little one!

Vicki W said...

OMG, it's so cute! I love EH patterns. I can't wait to get my farm one started when we go to Maine in August. I might start cutting it out ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

Oh for cute so many pieces!! You did it perfectly Beautiful. All the recent babies that I know have been at least 4 weeks early too. What is going on??

Anonymous said...

From ann at straythreads

Preeti said...

Miss C will love it, I am sure!