"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Forgotten Quilt

 I am not one to start a quilt and not finish it
in a timely manner.
Sometimes they wait a while to be quilted,
but I usually get them finished sooner rather than later.
 
Well, I was reorganizing some things in my Hidey Hole
a couple of weeks ago and pulled this box
out of one of my cabinets.
Inside was a completed quilt top AND the backing!
I had totally forgotten about it.
It had been in this box since I had moved THREE years ago!!
 
What a nice surprise!
I pulled it out, gave it a good press and had it quilted
in a weeks time.
 
 
 
 
I remember making these blocks and having fun
pulling the 2 1/2" squares from my jug.
 

 
 
My 2 1/2" square box has gotten rather full,
so there may be another quilt like this in my future.
 
 It will be added to the baby quilt pile.
 
Happy Quilting!

 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great discovery! Perfect for a baby!

Sara said...

That's a great scrappy design. I have a very full box of 2.5" squares too, so maybe this needs to be a block for me to add to the repertoire.

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt! It will be a really nice baby quilt.

quiltcat said...

das ist ein ganz tolles muster, fein gemacht
lg elfriede

straythreads said...

Those are happy scraps! Beautiful

Vicki in MN said...

I love the scrappiness of this quilt.