"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Two Finished Veterans Quilts

 In previous posts, I have mentioned that there is a local
quilt group that makes quilts for our local Veterans Hospital.
While I don't belong to the group,
(they meet at the same time my book club meets)
I have made quilts and donated to them.
What an awesome mission this is.
 
After getting two quilts back from Vicki,  who
will quilt them for free if they are being donated,
they are finished and ready to return.
 
 
 
 
This one was made with a jelly roll and some yardage.
I came up with the pattern myself and played with the block placement.


 
 
These aren't my typical colors, but it's a very soothing quilt.
 
 
I've had the top of this next quilt finished for some time,
but never had it quilted. 
I didn't know what I was going to do with it
and then realized that it is close to the 
size needed for the Veterans quilts.
 

 
Vicki quilted this one, too, and did a great job with it.
The pattern is Hello Geese .



There might be another one of these in my future.
 
Happy Quilting!
 

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Both are lovely, but I'm partial to the geese.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I agree with Libby I love the geese too

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those are both really beautiful quilts. I'm sure the recipients will love them.

Debbie said...

Great finishes. Always enjoy the eye candy!

Vicki W said...

The veterans are going to love them! The next delivery will be after the 1st of the year.

straythreads said...

Beautiful quilts! Love the geese