"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Strings Veterans Quilt

 Last night I finished what is probably my last quilt for the year.
On Thursday I am leaving on a big adventure and
will be gone for 10 days, so there won't be much
more sewing or quilting done here.

For my last quilt of the year,
I finished this string quilt that will be
donated to my local Veterans Hospital.
 
This quilt finished up the big box of 1 1/2" strips
I had cut to make a huge log cabin quilt long ago.
 
 

 
 
I backed this one with flannel
and did some simple straight line quilting on it.
 
 
 
 
I had never made a string quilt before
and learned some things.
It will keep someone warm, for sure!
 



This will be delivered to Vicki today
for delivery to the hospital after the first of the year.


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Great string quilt, did you use paper or fabric to stitch the strings on to? Have fun on your adventure. Happy Holidays!

straythreads said...

Those colors and fabrics are gorgeous!!!!! I even see a few that I have. I need to get back to the sewing room.
have a great trip.

Sara said...

That is a terrific use of the strings and looks great. It will be appreciated. Have fun on your adventure.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your string quilt is beautiful, Ramona! I love what happens when you mix in a little bit of pink with a mostly brown quilt. It just gives it a soft, warm glow. Enjoy your adventure!

diane said...

Love how the colors all mesh together in the string. Very pretty. I am sure someone will appreciate it.