"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Seasons Quilt

 Another quilt is in the works in my Hidey Hole.

 
My church is celebrating our 75th anniversary in the fall and I was asked
if I would make a quilt that represents what
St. Matthew's means to me. 
It will be raffled off during the celebration weekend.
 
 
 
 
This quilt represents the liturgical seasons of
the Episcopal Church.
The order of the seasons never changes and brings
peace and comfort to me as we go through the year.
 
 


 
 
Green represents Ordinary time and the season of Epiphany (the time after Christmas).
Purple represents the seasons of Advent and Lent.
White represents Christmas and Easter. Easter season lasts for 50 days.
There are a few Sundays during the year where white is used as well.
Red represents Pentecost (the day the Holy Spirit came down on the church).
 
Borders will be added to the quilt next.
I designed this quilt using EQ8 and am pleased with how it is coming together.
Onward and upward!
 
 
Happy Quilting!



4 comments:

Sara said...

That is really beautiful. The little pops of red are perfect.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be lovely!

Libby in TN said...

Beautiful and simple. Looks like you tried to use the colors proportionately, too. My church committee is in charge of paraments. Green just seems to go on forever.

Rebecca Grace said...

wow, 75 years! I love the symbolism of your quilt.