"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Hands2Help Quilts Finished

This year I participated in the
for the first time.

My plans were to make two quilts and donate one to
Little Lambs and one to Quilty Hugs.
With my mother being in an accident and other unexpected
occurrences, I was able to make one new quilt
and pulled a baby quilt from my stack of 
"waiting for babies" quilts that I've made.


Quilty Hugs will receive
"Deep in the Forest"
made from the Canyon Dance pattern.



I made this one thinking it would be great for a male or female.



All of the greens just sparkle.



This was such a fun quilt to make!



Little Lambs will receive this baby quilt
that I made earlier this year.




I really like the fabric that says "baby" all across it.



This was a very quick quilt to make.
I even pieced a backing!
Something I really dislike doing. :)



These will be mailed to their recipients and will, hopefully,
give some comfort to those who receive them.

Thank you, Sarah, for organizing this wonderful event.
Please visit her blog to see the beautiful quilts being donated.


Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Sarah does a wonderful job on this every year doesn't she. I think I need to do like you and have some quilts waiting on the shelf ready to donate, I did donate but it took a bit of my time the last couple months

Joanne said...

These are beautiful and I know the recipients will love them! Don't feel bad about using a quilt that you made earlier. I often make class samples with the intention to donate them when they are done being displayed or needed for classes. :-)

Louise said...

Beautiful quilts! I especially like the green one. Is that one of your own patterns?

Thank you for donating them thru H2H!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Two great donation quilts!! I'm especially fond of "Deep in the Forest". Each recipient is sure to feel the quilty love.

Hilachas said...

Lovely quilts and both to such a good cause. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki in MN said...

Seeing all the quilts donated has me itching to make some more tops! Maybe in a few weeks. Not sure I could have parted with the beautiful green one though-so kudos to you!

Sarah Craig said...

Two beautiful quilts and such wonderful donations! So happy you joined in H2H this year, and I hope to see you next year too!

Needled Mom said...

Those are both great quilts, Ramona. I think the green one will be especially nice for Quilty Hugs. I know that Emily is always needing colors and designs for males and this will be perfect.

Churn Dash said...

Beautiful quilts. H2H seems like a great idea.

Helen

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love both quilts........The canyon dance is such a beautiful combination of greens! I think I have those same templates that I used on one of my UFO's called "Fuzzy Flannel Curves".........I really should finish that!

Anonymous said...

Those greens are wonderful! Both quilts are terrific and will be loved.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Love the fabrics in the first quilt~ How nice you happened to have a baby quilt on the shelf for the other one!! Hope to see you next year with H2H.

Rebecca Grace said...

Both of those quilts are gorgeous and I know the recipients will be able to feel the love that you put into them!

kupton52 said...

Both quilts are lovely...the Canyon Dance is especially pretty and the baby quilt is simply adorable. So sorry to learn on your mom's accident. You are such a generous soul. Many blessings will come your way. Love and prayers....