"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Hands 2 Help

This year for the first time,
I am participating in 

 I have agreed to donate quilts to
Little Lambs and Quilty Hugs.

The quilt for Quilty Hugs has been started
and I am really enjoying sewing these blocks together.





A while ago Julie at Idaho Quilter's Adventures
made a quilt that looked like it would be so much fun to make.
Julie sent me the contact information for the pattern
designer and I ordered the pattern and templates below.

 


I knew as soon as I received the items that I wanted to make this quilt using
a variety of green batiks.
This would be a great quilt for a man or woman.



I began cutting the pieces and the sewing fun began.



These six blocks were the first ones I finished.
As of this afternoon,
all the blocks are finished and trimmed.
My blocks ended up being 9 1/2" square.
Thank goodness for allowing room to trim the blocks evenly!
Now I can put the puzzle together and finish the quilt top.

I sure have gotten proficient at sewing curved pieces!

to see what other quilts are being made for donation.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Love those green batiks. Deep in the forest - that’s the first thing I thought of.

Paula DiMattei said...

Wow...what fabulous curved piecing! Your fabric choices are so lovely too. The recipient of this quilt is just going to love it.

Vicki in MN said...

It will make a fabulous guy quilt. You have had lots of curve sewing lately and you are doing wonderful at it.

Julie said...

Wonderful! The greens are wonderful and will make a wonderful comfort quilt for someone. I didn't join this project due to the time of year, but I donate a lot of quilts locally. I need to press and photograph my Wizard's chest quilt. I'm excited to have it together.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love love love your choice of colors......can't wait to see the finish!

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look gorgeous. It will be such a pretty quilt.

Judy D in WA said...

That looks like a fun pattern! I love curved piecing. The greens are fabulous. I just joined a charity quilt group at our beach place. I'm excited to quilt with these new friends.

Churn Dash said...

Wow! I am very impressed - sewing curves is my least favourite thing to do because it is so hard.

The colours are just beautiful. Almost everyone would love to get it!

Helen

Debbie said...

I love your green batik blocks!