"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Christmas Tree Skirt Finish

We have been invited to a wedding over
Memorial Day weekend
and some of you know what that means...

it's Christmas Tree Skirt time!!
This has become the traditional wedding gift
for me to give, when it's appropriate, of course!




I saw this tree skirt last year on Diary of a Quilter's blog 
and liked it so much that I knew I would make it one day.




The pattern is called
"The Quilted Tree Skirt" on Craftsy and was easy to make.
I did not use the quilt as you go method,
but sewed the entire top together,
basted it to the batting and backing,
did a little stitch in the ditch quilting,
and bound it.
 

 


The ties are already sewn on,
so this is ready to wrap.

Now I just need to find something to wear!
Too bad this won't be as easy as quilting the tree skirt was.
:)

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning tree skirt! I need to be working on the big wedding quilt for my nephew. Finding something to wear is a struggle. I tried to find a dress Friday and found nothing! Hopefully I will have better luck in Boise.

Vicki in MN said...

This is a great one, neutral can go with any color scheme they choose down the road.

straythreads said...

Looks great! And the elegance of neutrals fits with the traditional and trendy Christmas decor

Needled Mom said...

That looks so pretty. I hear you about choosing clothing. I'm finding the same problem lately.

Churn Dash said...

mmh, maybe you need a gold skirt!

The tree skirt is beautiful, what a wonderful gift. They will think of you every year

Helen