"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Deep in the Forest Finish

I haven't enjoyed making a quilt as much as I enjoyed
making "Deep in the Forest" in a long time.
I don't know if it was the relaxed sewing in making the curved pieces,
or the abundance of green batiks,
or that I had nothing else that I had to be making
at the same time,
or all of the above.
This was such a fun quilt to make.




This is finished and ready to mail to the
Hands 2 Help recipient.



This quilt was made completely from my stash.
I had to give myself a pep talk about using all of these
gorgeous green batiks,
but they were purchased to use in quilts,
not gather dust in the cabinet!



My blocks ended up being 9" squares finished,
so this quilt is 54"x63".



 There will definitely be another quilt with this design
in my future...maybe using some bright batiks!




Flowers from my garden.
Peonies are my fave!


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday.
Please visit to see what others are creating.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty quilt - I have a stack of some fabric that I haven't used either - I really need to look them over and decide what to use them for as they too are about to be covered in dust if I don't use them

Vicki in MN said...

The quilt turned out wonderful. I agree sometimes it is painful to 'use' the batiks because they are so gorgeous. But the warm fuzzy feeling you get when giving someone something so beautiful is totally worth it.

Judy D in WA said...

It's a fabulous quilt and it finished up amazing with those wonderful green batiks! I looked at the pattern and templates and then had to tell myself no! I do have quite a collection of drunkards path templates that I pulled out and will use on a project soon though. Will you make another colorway from these? Maybe a blue one.....that would be fabulous. Need any more ideas? :)

time4stitchn said...

It looks even better quilted, now that you are done. Such gorgeous colors....Congratulations on the finish!

AnnieO said...

It is hard to use up favorite fabrics and colors sometimes--this is just beautiful. As are the Peonies!

Needled Mom said...

I love it, Ramona. The colors are so pretty and it turned out beautifully.

Oh....those peonies!!!! They are gorgeous. Wish we could grow them here.

Judy Hansen said...

Great job Ramona! Such a beautiful quilt! I can see it done again in your peony colors. The flowers are so beautiful, and I can almost smell their sweet fragrance. While I lived in Virginia, I had a dear friend and neighbor who would bring me a large bouquet of them every spring. I miss my friend, and her beautiful gift every year.

Denise said...

This is gorgeous, I'm envious. Curved piecing and I don't get along well.

Preeti said...

Oh Ramona, I want to drop everything and make this quilt in reds, oranges, pinks and brown. Yes, I am sitting on a pile of batiks and this is the perfect project worthy of them. But those peonies - I cannot make them and that makes my heart ache with longing.

straythreads said...

Beautiful beautiful those greens are so gorgeous but not overpowering. I’m so envious that your peonies are blooming I don’t have any here and I miss them.