"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Wedding...

What a week we have had here!
My younger daughter was married on Sunday
and things could not have gone better.

The weather didn't cooperate for the rehearsal party at our home,
but we just moved it all inside and
talked and laughed and ate and
visited with family and friends,
new and old.
Sunday was a picture perfect day for the wedding.
Cooler, clear skies and little humidity.
It was gorgeous.



Now that the gift has been given,
I can show the finished wedding quilt
I made for the happy couple.


This pattern is called



It's made with four different blocks
and then several different blocks
cut for the setting triangles and corners.


I had it quilted with a swirl pattern
in the teal color thread.



It isn't difficult to make
but takes precise sewing and trimming.


My new Son-in-law chose the color
and my daughter was thrilled.


**************************************************************


I am not one to put photos of people on my blog,
but will make an exception here.

These are a few photos that family took of the wonderful day.
I can't wait to see the photographers photos!


Drew and Jillian were married at our church.

The Bridal Party
 My older daughter, Emily, is next to Jillian.
Next to Emily is Colleen, my god daughter. 
(I made the other Diamonds in the Deep quilt for her back in the spring.)
The Groomsmen are Drew's brothers in law.



A family moment before the wedding.

It was a wonderful weekend and we are sad for it to be over,
but thrilled that Jillian is starting her life with such a wonderful man.

Happy Life!

16 comments:

Sara said...

A beautiful bride, and such lovely family photos. Congratulations! And that quilt is STUNNING!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

weddings can be a fun but nerve wracking time - always glad when they are done! wonderful family and your quilt is wonderful

straythreads said...

Beautiful family!! congrats! the quilt is gorgeous

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a perfectly delightful and joyous day. I loved seeing the photos from the special day. Weather cannot put a damper on the love that was shared.

Your quilt turned out beautifully. I'll bet they were both thrilled with it and will proudly display it in their new home.

Congratulations to all.

Libby in TN said...

Beautiful bride, beautiful family, beautiful quilt. Perfect!

Debbie said...

Fun to see some of the wedding photos! Gorgeous quilt.

barbara woods said...

beautiful quilt for a beautiful bride

Rebecca Grace said...

Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law! The quilt is beautiful; what a wonderful gift to cherish.

PaintedThread said...

Congrats!

I've seen that pattern once before - I love the colors you selected. I may have to try that one at some point.

Vicki in MN said...

Your daughters are just beautiful, and what a wonderful family photo-now I know what you look like!! Congrats to you all. And of course the quilt it really really delicious!!

Churn Dash said...

Congratulations to the bride and groom. The photos are wonderful, everyone looks to be very happy.

Helen

time4stitchn said...

Congratulations! Yeah, a BEAUTIFUL wedding. Love seeing your photos. What a special moment for your family! And the quilt is GORGEOUS, too. Happy Life: perfect summation!

Julie said...

What a special weekend! It was fabulous to see the family photos! The quilt is great and I love teal.

kupton52 said...

She is absolutely stunning...so pretty. What a beautiful family you have. I'm glad all went well. Blessings and quilty hugs....

Louise said...

Handsome quilt for a handsome couple! May they have a lifetime of love and laughter together :)

Sandy Panagos said...

Oh, wow! I love that quilt! I need to put that on on my list. Thanks for sharing some wedding pics. Your family is lovely!