"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 28, 2017

Finished Penguin

First of all,
my prayers are going out to all the people in Texas who are
dealing with this devastating storm and flooding.
I can't even imagine what you are experiencing.
May you find strength and peace in the midst of this chaos.

***********
 
My nephew and his family are coming to town
for my daughter's wedding this weekend,
so I really wanted to get his new son's
baby quilt finished.

I stole bits of time from the craziness here
and finished it over the weekend.

WOOOHOOO!!



My nephew is a HUGE Pittsburgh Penguins fan,
so I was so excited when I saw the pattern for a penguin baby quilt.




Out came the black and gold fabrics
and the fun began.



The baby's name is "Kessel" after one of the Penguins best players.
I used the "Crafted Applique" method to machine quilt
the letters of his name to the snowball and the lines on his beak.



My sister, who is a huge Capitals fan,
had some unkind words to say about this baby quilt.
Who will be our nephew's favorite aunt now?!?!
 :D

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday at
 Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.


You may not see much of me until next week.
It's wedding time at my house!!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

OMGoodness! That is the most adorable quilt and if I were the recipient, you would surely be my favorite Auntie!! Congrats to the newlyweds.

Julie said...

I copy my friend Judy's comment above! :) Seriously, it is super cute and hooray for the finish. Have fun with all the wedding activity! My oldest daughter got married over Labor Day weekend as well. We drove the 12 hours each way with my mom and sister as we had stuff to haul. I had a reception here for her at a different time. I look forward to seeing what your next project will be!

Needled Mom said...

That quilt turned out beautifully. I love the lettering and it sounds like it will be a perfect fit in that family. ;-)

Vicki in MN said...

I am glad you were able to sneak in enough time to get this cutie finished up. Best wishes for you and the bride!! Gonna post some pix?

Churn Dash said...

That penguin is amazing! Definitely best aunt status.

Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding.

Helen

Rebecca Grace said...

Adorable baby quilt, and congratulations on your daughter's wedding! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Ramona,
Oh how I love this quilt! What a thoughtful and absolutely PERFECT baby quilt!! I just love penguins but then to have it be supporting Dad's favorite team - that is just fabulous. You did a great job and I hope you get to share of picture of the youngest Penguins fan with his quilt. ~smile~ Roseanne

Alison V. said...

This is so darling! :)