"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, September 11, 2017

Pumpkins, pumpkins....

Fall is creeping in a bit here
with cooler temperatures,
lower humidity
and leaves falling from the trees.
I hate to see summer end,
but it isn't up to me.
:)

Things are slowly getting back to normal
after my daughter's wedding last weekend.
I didn't spend as much time in my
Hidey Hole
as I would have liked,
but did have some fun making
Pumpkins.



I found this pattern at Cluck, Cluck Sew
and gathered a lot of my orange fabrics.




Instead of making one big quilt,
I'm making a few small quilts.
They will be given as gifts
and shared with others.

 

 Some of the pumpkins look like apples to me,
but quilting should help that.
I'll quilt the curved pumpkin lines in the solid one especially.



The pumpkin on the right is gold metallic....
quite glitzy!

*****************************************************
My thoughts and prayers are going up for those
in Irma's path and continue for those in Texas.
May God bless you and keep you all protected.

*****************************************************

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today
at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Ramona,
Those pumpkins are really lovely! I especially like the last one you shared, next to the glitzy one. I hope you share them when they are quilted - I want to see what you do. I found you from KatyQuilts and a comment you posted on her blog. ~smile~ Roseanne

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are SO cute!!!! And perfect for this time of year!!

Churn Dash said...

Those are so fun! You have a wonderful collection of orange prints.

Helen

Sara said...

Those pumpkins are adorable!

Needled Mom said...

Love the fabrics you are using for the pumpkins. That's a great pattern and will make such fun decorating.

Julie said...

Those are very cute pumpkins! I collected some orange fabrics on my row robin expedition this summer, just because it's something lacking in my stash. I look forward to seeing your finished project.

Vicki in MN said...

They are going to make cute little quilts-you know how much I love pumpkins!

straythreads said...

love the pumpkins I thought apples at first. don't you feel like you have "Free time" after the big event to do what you please. I always feel that way after a weekend of entertaining.
Hope you get lots done this week

Kate said...

Very fun pumpkins! Great way to use up some orange scraps and get ready for the change in seasons.