"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, November 21, 2016

Finished Bucilla Tree Skirt

One of my goals for this year was to finish a
Bucilla felt kit a month.
I did really well for five months and then nothing...
Until now!

Back in the spring, Merry Stockings offered some
old, vintage kits they had found somewhere.
It was first come, first served.
I lucked out and bought this Patriotic Christmas tree skirt.

Last night I put the final stitches in it
and am THRILLED to have the stitching finished.



"Uncle Sam" Santa is so cute!
I have been working on this on and off for several months.



The detail in these kits is so wonderful.
All you do is follow the directions and stitch in the order given.
They are time consuming, but easy to make.


I just love Santa's face...
so jolly!

There were A LOT of sequins to stitch down
on the border!

God Bless America!

I need to cut the hole in the middle and the slit up the back and this
will be ready for wrapping.

Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is cute - I have never used any of these kits

Churn Dash said...

I love it! The detail is incredible.

Helen

Libby in TN said...

Sweet!! Is the background felt? wool? cotton?

Needled Mom said...

That is soooo cute. I love the patriotic Santa.

Sara said...

Wow! That one is absolutely a treasure! I made a few Bucilla felt ornaments years ago and their instructions were always very good as long as you did it in order.

Debbie said...

As usual...your work is fantastic. Love this tree skirt. Did you line it? Haven't tackled a tree skirt yet but I get lots of questions about them.