"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday... Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day to all who have served.
And THANK YOU!
These are the days I miss my dad the most.
He was one of the most patriotic people I know
and served his country by serving in the Navy.


Image result for veterans day images     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do have some knitting and quilting to share today.

After a lot of waiting and sitting this week,
I finished a pair of socks.



I just love the Fabel yarn. 
It isn't super soft, but the self-striping is so much fun.



Progress has been made on this wild and crazy baby quilt.
 

This is the easy Cathedral Window pattern.
I actually really like it as it it,
but will add the fun window squares to really finish it off.
One more double row will be added to the right side.

 
 
My daughter was home last night...
the daughter who said I'm not allowed to make her any more quilts...
she wants this one!
She doesn't have any children,
but will hang it on her wall. 
Once it's finished, I'll see if she is really serious.

:D



I was at beach last week and was treated
to some gorgeous sunsets.


~~Peace~~

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Happy Veteran's Day, Ramona.

Your socks are wonderful. Hmm.....no more quilts for her? We'll see. lol

Judy S. said...

Beautiful sunset! It's going down way too early here. Love the socks!

Vicki in MN said...

Where is the beach, I see palm trees-Florida? Nice work on the baby quilt, and gorgeous socks. I am almost down to the heel on the next sock.

kupton52 said...

What a beautiful sunset....isn't God's handiwork glorious? Socks are beautiful too---I am still in awe of knitters...especially knitting circular things....you're so talented! Had to laugh at daughter who says "no more quilts"...then wants this one. Reminds me of one of my own who says the same thing...until she sees the next thing I'm working on. Glad you're home..safe and well....and back to sewing....almost makes me think all is right in the world....or getting there, at least. Blessings....

kathy

Sara said...

The cathedral windows quilt will be adorable. I did a Christmas pillow using this technique a few years ago, but haven't attempted it again. Love your totally non-traditional fabric choices for it because it makes it so modern and fun.