"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, November 14, 2016

Design Wall Monday

As you may remember,
I started teaching three friends to quilt back in the spring.
Last month they wanted to learn how to make the 
Disappearing Four Patch block...
one of my all time favorites.

I've had a charm pack sitting here for a while,
so I decided to use this in the tutorial for them.

The blocks are finished and ready to be sewn into a top.


This seems to be my "Go To" pattern for baby quilts.
The blocks are so relaxing for me to make
and they look so different with the various fabrics.
 

I have another set of 16 blocks in pinks and oranges.
Maybe I'll see how they look together and make a bigger quilt.


My Wild and Crazy Cathedral Window quilt is basted and
ready to quilt.
 

I cannot wait to see this one finished!
 

It is one happy quilt for sure!

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love that pattern too and it looks so good in any color. I can't wait to see the colorful quilt finished.

Judy D in WA said...

This makes such a fun quilt! I have stacks of charm packs......and a granddaughter itching to sew. Thanks for the idea. I can't wait for the fun to start. :)

Sara said...

Both quilts will be just perfect for some lucky kiddos. The polka dots just look so happy with the zig zags.

Julie said...

I love all your recent projects! You are doing awesome since getting your machine back! I especially love the 4 patch, the colors are fabulous. I love the bright fabrics on your cathedral window, it will be awesome finished!

straythreads said...

such fun fabrics and prints! love the cheerful colors
have a great week