"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, November 7, 2016

Back in Action!

It has been a while since I've posted anything,
Blogger took a bit of encouraging to load! 

I am back home,
my sewing machine is back home
and I put it to use yesterday.

While I was away, I was looking at Pinterest
and found this pattern.

A while ago I bought a piece of Kaffe that I have
not wanted to cut because I love the design so much.



 This pattern is perfect for the piece of fabric.

The pieces were cut yesterday afternoon
and sewn together...
a very quick top to make!


 A friend, who loves the beach, is expecting a baby.
I think the baby quilt has been made.


This has to be one of my all time favorite fabrics.
Favorite colors and a beach theme!

Now to get it quilted!
My newly serviced sewing machine will be busy this month!

Ah...it felt good to be sewing again.

Today I'm linking to Patchwork Times and Main Crush Monday.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I can feel your joy. Sweet quilt. I've seen that fabric in One Block Wonders, too.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

That is such a fun piece of fabric - I can definitely see me having some of that in my stash! :) You've made a great baby quilt, and I'm happy you are having fun sewing. I hope you enjoy quilting the top and get lots of sewing time this week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is adorable - and yay for you - back in action!

Churn Dash said...

Definitely a great quilt for a baby at the beach. I don't blame you for not wanting to cut up the fabric.

Helen

swooze said...

I love that print too. I tend to ignore his fabrics because I find them too busy. Great quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, I know what you mean about those beautiful fabrics that are just too fabulous to cut up into small pieces. Your baby quilt showcases this print beautifully.

Kate said...

Very pretty! I wouldn't want to cut that piece either, but you found a beautiful way to let it shine.

Needled Mom said...

That fabric is gorgeous. I can only imagine your joy to be able to sew again. Have fun!

Vicki in MN said...

Yes I am sure it did feel good for you to sew again! And you put your time to good use and got a wonderful gift going in the process. Beautiful color scheme.