Early Thursday morning
I headed north to my first Quilt Retreat
and I have a lot of blocks to show for it!
(I'll tell you about the retreat and the retreat center tomorrow.)
Before going, I took some time to cut all of the pieces for
a quilt I have been wanting to make for quite some time.
I had collected all kinds of "text" fabrics
and added some Kaffe fabrics to the pile.
At the retreat, I just pieced blocks...
all 36 blocks for this quilt.
I found this pattern online about 4 months ago and knew
my collection of text fabrics would work well with the design.
It's been a lot of fun collecting the text fabrics and now using them
for this quilt!
I'll continue to play with the placement and then start
sewing the blocks together.
While I was stitching these blocks together,
I used the "Leader/Ender" idea for the first time.
I jumped on the "tumbler" train and used my
Go! cutter to cut the shapes out of the text and Kaffe fabrics
A nice pile of tumbler pairs was made while assembling the other blocks.
Now that I am home and have the blocks on the
I can begin sewing the top together.
I'd say it was a very successful retreat!
Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.