"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, April 3, 2015

Little Miss Muffet....

Now has a Tuffet!!

Remember back in February when I showed you
all of these beautiful fabrics,
cut into strips and ready for a project?


And then I showed you this after taking the first part of the class...



Well, due to circumstances beyond my control,
I wasn't able to take the second class until yesterday.
Now I can show you my finished
Tuffet!!!


 Isn't it Adorable!!
It was a bit of a challenge to put together,
but the instructor was excellent
and had all of the right tools!



This was a two person job for sure!



I fussy cut my fabric for the button.
This is such a bright and cheerful little thing!



 And the bottom is quite lovely, too!

I definitely see more of these in my future!
I won't make these on my own. Paying for the use of the 
instructors tools and to have her supply the predrilled wood and foam
is well worth the price.



Now onto knitting...



 I finished the socks made with the
Sausilito yarn.
This pattern is from the magazine called
"Hand Knit Socks" published by Threads.
This pattern is Easy Lace.




I started another pair and am not thrilled with the yarn color.
I think someone gave me this yarn, but am not sure.
This is the first pair I have knitted from the toe up
and like how these are coming along.

Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are knitting.

Happy Friday!


11 comments:

Sharon said...

The stool is MARVELOUS. I would enjoy one, but not enough I think to make one. And your blue lace socks are wonderful as well. That's a pattern I would use. Congratulations on the good work.

Dar said...

Your stool is beautiful. What a great design. How big is the total size? I'm like Sharon, I would love one, but probably not enough to make it myself. Kudos to you for taking on the challenge. I love your socks too. Your new ones are looking good from the toe up. Still haven't tried that yet, but it's on my list.

Julie Bagamary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Bagamary said...

Great tuffet and socks too.

swooze said...

Love love love the lacy socks. Your tuffet is wonderful.

Cathy said...

Oh, I LOVE that tuffet. It's absolutely gorgeous. And your socks are impressive!

Lori said...

Love the tuffet. I just started my first pair of toe-up socks, too. I like the idea of using up all the yarn, but I still think I like top down better.

Teresa in Music City said...

OMG - that is an amazing stool Ramona!!! I saw a few kits for those at Mountain Quiltfest a few weeks ago (none of them anywhere near as gorgeous as yours!), but I didn't think it was something I would be able to bring home and make. Now I'm glad I made that decision! I sure would love to make one someday though. If there's ever a class around here, I'll be sure to take it :)

Sara said...

Wow! Love, love, love the tuffet. I've seen some of these online but none this cute. Well done!

Gari in AL said...

What a wonderful tuffet, you should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Lara B. said...

That tuffet is amazing Ramona and Wow would I want to make one in a heartbeat! Love the button and the bottom you added too! It is so fun to recognize all the different Kaffe and Jacobs fabrics! An "I Spy" Stool for fabric fiends, LOL.