"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Finishes

This was a good week for creating...
I have two finishes to share!
One quilting and one knitting.

I made this quilt top back in January,
but had not quilted it due to my shoulder issues.
This week was the week.

I decided to make myself quilt this with something other
then meandering. 
How else am I going to learn to FMQ other designs?

It is soooooo far from being good,
but with the quilt design and fabrics,
it's difficult to see the quilting.
:) :)



This is a Bonnie Hunter design,
but I can't remember the name of it.
(Wow!! I just looked at her website to find the name.
Hers is "Crab Apples" and I guess I really liked her design...
Mine is almost identical!)


Years ago I had made a couple of the watercolor quilts and
All of these little squares were cut for those.
They work great for the trees.


This quilt was made completely with stash fabrics!
Backing and all!!

WOOHOO!

"Family Tree" will be given to a niece
and already has the label on it, too!
I'm on a roll!!  :)


I have a knitting finish this week, too.


This is my first toe up pair of socks.
I'm not sure I'll make them like this again.
The cuff is a bit ruffly and I'm not thrilled with the toe,
but I learned something new.

This yarn is Saki Silk and was nice to knit.
These will go in my pile to give as gifts.

Please visit Patchwork Times and Whoop Whoop
to see what others are creating.

Happy Friday!
Happy Spring!

6 comments:

Dar said...

Your Apple Crisp is just lovely. It gives me an idea of what I can do with my box of little 1.5" squares that I made using Bonnie's leader/ender technique. Your socks are pretty too. I STILL haven't ventured to try toe up, but it will happen one day. Thanks for sharing why you didn't particularly like that method. It helps to know how others feels about different methods too.

Mari said...

Crabapples looks great! All those tiny squares! But they came together really well. Congrats on the finish!

Lara B. said...

I got so excited when I saw that you had finished this quilt Ramona! It is one of my all time favorites! Love those scrappy tree tops and that red sashing with dark green half diamonds and that border fabric - all so wonderful together!

Gari in AL said...

Oh, your quilt is quite lovely. Great use of scraps. And nice colors for your socks.

Judy S. said...

Love that quilt and the socks are great, too. Fun colors in both!

straythreads said...

great trees, love the scrappiness in your orchard. great finish on the socks Have a great weekend.